Monday, February 01, 2016

"Venice Carnival" February 2016 Challenge

February is the month of Carnival fill up with masks and confetti, lights and colors that create a unique and festive atmosphere.


The mood board combines brillance and luxury, ancient and modern with a little touch of Venice. 
I really loved to prepare this challenge for you, I hope it inspires you and we can meet with your entry this month!





The story behind my layout:
This summer we spent a great holiday in Alsace, France. During our stay we visited a charming village, Rosheim where were a special event that time. We could feel the festive atmosphere and felt like we were in Venice during the carnival season. Hundreds of people were walking down the small street and they were wearing breathtaking costumes. I took many great pictures.


I would like to show you one of these:




I used black cardstock as a background and I covered it with crackle medium and gold acrylic paint. Then I add more texture with structure paste and crackled style stencil. The next step was the random stamping with different patterns (dots, texts). 

Here are some close ups:




Thanks to the chipboard that I painted with blue mist I could highlight and framed the photo. I am a real fan of leftovers so I glued some stipes behind the photo. I embellished the layout with paper flowers, butterflies, metal elements, golden washi tape, lace cuts and text stickers.





The last step was giving a little shine to the layout so I put some glitter ono the flowers.
 







Our Sponsor this month is:

"Viva Las VegaStamps! is a US based manufacturer of deeply etched pink rubber stamps. Super high quality makes for beautifully stamped images. Our near 20,000 image inventory ranges from steampunk to vintage, realistic to sayings, people to animals and more. Our stamps are great for scrapbooking, mixed media, art journaling, cards, jewelry, food, wax and more!" 
Connect with us!
 Visit us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vlvstamps
 View our BLOG http://vivalas.blogspot.ie/
 We're on INSTAGRAM  https://instagram.com/vivalasvegastamps/
               PINTEREST  https://www.pinterest.com/vlvstamps/
 Our shop can be found https://www.atvlvstamps.com 

Viva Las Vegas Stamps give one winner a $30 Gift Certificate to use in their store!

Please note: International winners may be responsible for shipping costs.
Please be sure to follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our Facebook page and Pinterest Boards.

Thank you and I am looking forward to meet with your great projects on our challenge!




10 comments:

  1. Oh my this moodboard is exquisite! I love it so! Definitely will play along this month. Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sanderijn! :) I am so happy that you like the mood board I am looking forward your layout! :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome moodboard. Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story behind the photo...and your beautiful and festive Mood Board !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful mood board...I want to try this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page Virag and a super challenge this month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous page! So inspiring!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the fabulous inspiration and fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I just found this fantabulous challenge blog and was intrigued by the lovely mood board! Gorgeous and stunning! I can't seem to get the linky to work though?
    Is the challenge closed? TIA for the reply! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...